27 Jun MPPI QUICK START GUIDE
1 Unpacking your MPPI
chassis/xx + SOM/E + instrument modules
All modules should arrive connected and
2 Connecting power
Universal 120 VAC / 220 VAC power
Power to the MPPI can be connected directly to the AC mains.
In chassis/28HP and chassis/42HP, alternatively, a DC power input can be used to increase the noise performance of the MPPI (linear power supply or battery at 6 VDC).
Power input is automatically detected, so if the DC power input is connected, it will become the primary power source of the MPPI.
3 Connecting the communication port to your SOM/E
USB (virtual IP) or Ethernet connection
Your MPPI has two communication ports:
– Ethernet port. Configured as DHCP ( factory default
– USB Type B port. MPPI does not use a Serial COM driver
but a virtual IP driver (“see” your MPPI as a local IP).
Your MPPI has three connections methods:
– Direct Ethernet connection. You can directly connect a Ethernet cable to your computer.
– Network connection. You can access your MPPI if both the MPPI and your PC are in the same local network.
– USB connection. Direct USB connection.
4 Installing PC application
Soft Panel control for all modules
1. (Update version) If you are updating to a new version, uninstall the previous software version before installing the new one.
2. Install NI USB LAN drivers. Do not connect the system to the PC yet. If you connect your system utilizing the USB and Windows and the “Generic USB to LAN driver” is detected, you are required to uninstall this driver and then reinstall the NI USBLAN driver.
3. Install the PC application.
4. Install custom fonts. For a better Visual Experience, please manually install Roboto fonts, located at (x:/Program Files (x86)/Luz Wavelabs/Roboto).